xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to prevent stripping of EOL/CR chars at the end of lines?

2009-08-12 05:28:53
2009/8/12 Ben Stover <bxstover(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>:
When I apply an xslt script onto an source XML file (under WinXP) then
everything is fine except the fact
that the result XML file is on one single, very, very long line.

How to I prevent stripping of EOL/CR line end chars?

The source file contains them, the XSLT script contains them. So the reuslt
file
should contains them as well.

Moreover the prepended blanks/tabs at the beginning of a line should NOT
stripped as well.

So how can I achieve this all?

It highly likely that either your transform isn't copy them through to
the result, or they are being stripped by default.

As usual, put together a small complete sample that demonstrates the
problem and post it with the result you are getting and the result you
expect.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com