xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Pipelining 2 stylesheets

2009-08-27 12:01:03

If the two stylesheets were developed independently, then I would run them
independently, as two separate transformations. There are many ways you can
control the pipeline: Java, XProc, xmlsh, Ant, or a simple shell script.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay

-----Original Message-----
From: Martynas Jusevicius
[mailto:martynas(_dot_)jusevicius(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 27 August 2009 16:48
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Pipelining 2 stylesheets

Hey list,

I want to pipeline 2 templates opendoc2xhtml.xsl (from
OpenOffice) and xhtml2epub.xsl (my own) into a single
opendoc2epub, that is, to pass the result of the first one
into the second one.
As I understand, the common technique is to get the first
result into a variable, and then run the second
transformation on it (assuming XSLT 2).

But I have a problem with including the stylesheets. If i try
to xsl:include both templates and define a template for the
root node, I get a conflict, because opendoc2xhtml also has
one. And I don't want to add modes or anything to it because
it comes from an external source, but I still need to
override it somehow to put the result into a variable in the
first place.
Is it where xsl:import is used? I tried importing
opendoc2xhtml.xsl as well and calling xsl:apply-imports from
the root template, but then only root children were processed.

Martynas
semantic-web.dk

--~--