xsl-list

[xsl] user error

2009-09-10 14:00:36
Is there a recognized idiom for throwing an exception in XSLT that would abort processing and pass the error state (message, at least) to the invoker of the transformation? It looks to me as if this can be achieved using the XPath error() function, but I'm just wondering how folks would typically invoke that. Using <xsl:value-of select="error()" /> seems like the most unobtrusive, but I wonder if there is some built-in XSLTism for this.

-Mike