xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Fwd: Is this a Saxon Bug ?

2009-10-06 02:04:27

I don't think there is a problem, as far as I can see the
input and output have the same bytes for character data,
except that the input &#C; are output in text mode as literal
(xml 1.1) control-L characters.

Thanks for that David.

This suggests that the problem can be solved by specifying -xmlversion:1.1
on the command line or the equivalent configuration option on the API. If
you don't specify this option, Saxon assumes that all characters will be
valid XML 1.0 characters. Unfortunately there is no way for Saxon to ask the
XML parser whether it is accepting XML 1.1 characters, and it is too
expensive to check each character on input.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay