xsl-list

[xsl] use xsl to generate statistics of collection of XML documents.

2009-10-19 11:55:32
I am wondering if someone has written some XSL to generate statistics of a collection of XML documents. Thus it would provide per node statistics (usage), and node relationships statistics (order/ nesting). My goal would be to generate new sample XML documents from the statistics. This would be similar to generating XML documents from probabilistic production rules--but the generated documents should pass either a DTD or Schema validator. I do realize that there are semantics that need to be accounted for. That would be a future goal. I've tried generating sample documents from a schema using XMLSpy--does it have some way of recording probability into the schema?

Thanks,

John