xsl-list

[xsl] Benefits of using xsl:key

2009-11-03 02:55:36
Hi list

We often hear that the use of xsl:key can speed up a transformation
many times. But XSLT processors seem so optimized for speed, anyway,
these days, that I have found it difficult to construct a test input
file and a test XSLT stylesheet demonstrating the dramatic wonders of
using xsl:key.

How big should the input document be?
How complicated the hierarchy, etc?

I would like to impress my students with a nice little transformation
example, instead of just telling them that there can be huge benefits.

Cheers,
Jesper Tverskov

http://www.xmlkurser.dk
http://www.xmlplease.com