xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to concatenate/merge two independent XSLT stylesheets into ONE stylesheet?

2009-11-04 08:27:01
Ben Stover wrote:
I have two independent XSLT style sheets which work fine when they are executed in two steps:

mydoc1.xml-->mysheet1.xsl-->mydoc2.xml-->mysheet2.xsl-->mydoc3.xml

However I would like to avoid the intermediate step (and the creation of
mydoc2.xml).
Is there a way to concatenate the two XSLT stylesheets resp. use the output of
the first stylesheet templates as input of second stylesheet templates?

Saxon has an extension attribute for xsl:output:
http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensions/output-extras/next-in-chain.html
so you could use

  <xsl:stylesheet
    xmlns:saxon="http://saxon.sf.net/";