xsl-list

Re: [xsl] The benefits of exact selection

2009-11-06 11:42:50
On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Jesper Tverskov <jesper(_at_)tverskov(_dot_)dk>
wrote:
I would like to know about real life cases where removing not
necessary wildcard matching improved the transformation speed?

I have experienced to specify exact paths instead of XPath wildcards,
to speed up XPath processing time significantly, when size of XML tree
was quite large, and large number of XML documents were processed in a
batch. In my use case, both these constraints were present.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi