xsl-list

[xsl] <xsl:strip-space> does NOT work when comment lines are involved (directly before).

2009-12-08 04:12:55
In my previous posting I asked for a way to prevent blank lines.

Some users recommend to insert

   <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>

on top of the XSLT script. That work fine as long as there are no comments
involved (directly before).
However when I have an input.xml file like

<ns1:myelem>
<ns2:aaa>123</ns2:aaa>
<!-- some comment -->
<ns2:bbb></ns2:bbb>
<ns2:ccc>456</ns2:ccc>
</ns1:myelem>

then the resulting output.xml would be:

<ns1:myelem>
<ns2:aaa>123</ns2:aaa>
<!-- some comment --><ns2:ccc>456</ns2:ccc>
</ns1:myelem>

Mind the appended XML node DIRECTLY AFTER the comment on the same line!
How can I let XSLT insert/keep the CR/eol char after the comment line
AND the keep indent (for node <ns2:ccc>?

Furthermore with

   <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>

ALL existing blank lines are removed. But I want to remove only these blank
lines which are created
when empty elements are removed (with the templates of the remaining script).

How can I achieve this?

Ben

The current xslt script would be:

<?xml version="1.0"?>