xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Confusing trace from Saxon HE9

2009-12-08 17:06:49

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your look, I'll try drilling down where the $node assignment happens, but I am pretty sure I am not intentionally putting the things
in there that my code exposes.

G. Ken Holman wrote:

Your stylesheet doesn't compile standalone because of missing template rules, which indicates to me there are other fragments at play.

That is correct, since it is part of a whole, which includes about 15 XSL files. I'll try to isolate the issue in a smaller single-file XSL sheet for this list.
Furthermore, the failing template receives two nodes in a variable that I hardly expect to be grouped together. In the source document they are not even siblings.
Expose your $node variable after you assign it and see where it gets more than one node in it.

The $node variable is not used at all in the way I am using the templates at the moment. What I try to do is use some slightly complex way of splitting a TEI into manageable sized chunks while converting it to XHTML for ePub consumption, and a range of related ePub support files. I need to do the same complex splitting in four different cases, so instead of writing the complex splitting code several times, I wrote it once, giving an additional parameter $action through the entire recursion, to select what to do when I've reached the bottom of the recursion. In some cases, I need an additional $node parameter, but in the case that puzzles me, no $node parameter is needed. I now explicitly set it to the empty string at calling time, but the issues still appears.

The current question is, how can a trace show an error in a stylesheet that is not even matched or called in the stylesheet higher on in the trace.

Jeroen.