xsl-list

[xsl] [ANN] Meta Data Round-Tripping & Privacy

2009-12-17 15:15:38
[Note to the XSL list]
I'm a little less employed this Christmas than I would wish. OTOH, I'm a little
more (position() = not('in Jail')) than I probably deserve. The last time this
happened as Christmas Cards I gave out Match Books (remember those?) which said
"Life is tough, Times are hard, here's your F$&#*&g Christmas Card"; I'm
paraphrasing, of course.  This year I decided a Free White Paper would be
better.  I had some production problems, so, this Snow Colored Paper will have
to do.

Tommie, I promise not to re-post for at least 24 hours, but after that ... when
the elves get into the eggnog, you know, stuff happens.

--Gannon

[ANN]  Meta Data Round-Tripping & Privacy

Free White Paper

From the Foreword ...

The trouble with meta data round trips between formats is the same
 problem with meta data round trips between “displays” which may hide
 meta data from view. While the results are common in real life,
 a similar name on a “no fly” list causing a missed flight
 (a mis-identification), or a targeted advertisementt way off
 target ( a mis –re-identificationn), the root cause is simply
 that a format conversion confuses the distinction between
 “exposed” and “unseen”. In the case of re-identification, the issue
 comes up as an identifier deletion when a data redaction was
 intended.

The CSVplus Data Base is a generalized model of a CSV Format Spreadsheet. Fully
exposed meta data elements are added to the CSV Format
 to prevent the unintentional deletion of identifiers.

While this format has an obvious application for Application
 User Data and Address Books, it can also be used on other data sets,
 for example, Web Forms or Social Networking Site Profiles,
 or even Paper Forms.

Download from: http://www.rustprivacy.org/meta/roundtripping.pdf