xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Associating javascript with XSL and XML

2010-01-05 07:07:22
On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 13:49 +0100, Martin Honnen wrote:

Whether you directly write (X)HTML or whether your stylesheet is
supposed to generate (X)HTML I would strongly suggest to aim at valid
documents (i.e. html, head, body, and script and style where they
belong). In the text/html world you might get way with not having any
html or head or body elements and just throwing fragments of documents
at the browser but I don't think this is a good idea in the case of
X(HT)ML to expect the browser to guess what you want and add html or
head or body element as needed.

Little known factoid: the html, body and head opening and closing tags
are all optional.