xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Ignore closing tag

2010-01-13 02:30:51

I have developing the XSL Transformation for XML to SGML
file, if have any possible convert without closing tag in
SGML file, the SGML file not required for some closing tags
that why needed for the above option.

The XSLT specification defines serialization for XML, HTML, or text output,
it does not define an option for SGML output. There might be implementations
that provide such an option, but I haven't come across one. In Saxon you can
in theory write your own serializer, or customize the XML serializer by
various user hooks. But a better option might be to output XML and then
convert.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/