xsl-list

[xsl] xsl:copy-of issue

2010-01-13 17:53:36
Hi

I have a CALS table in my input thatI am trying to copy into my result
tree except for some attributes. I have tried 'except' but it just is
not working!

Here is my XSL snippet:

        <xsl:template match="table">
                        <xsl:copy-of select="@* except(@type) |node()/>
        </xsl:template>

Here is the table snippet:

                                                                        <tgroup
cols="3">

<colspec colname="col1"/>

<colspec colname="col2"/>

<colspec colname="col3"/>

<tbody>

        <row>

                <entry valign="middle" align="center">

                        <emphasis>data</emphasis>

                </entry>

                <entry valign="middle" align="center">

                        <emphasis>data</emphasis>

                </entry>

                <entry valign="middle" align="center">

                        <emphasis type="italic">data</emphasis>

                </entry>

        </row>

</tbody>

I want to copy the table except the attibute @type that occurs at
element <emphasis>

So this line: <emphasis type="italic">data</emphasis>

Why is my '<xsl:copy-of select="@* except(@type) |node()/>
' not working?

Thanks in advance for allyour help.