xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Insert space after the closing element

2010-01-22 03:30:14

In your match="legis-site" template, you are currently adding a newline
unconditionally using the xsl:text element. You can change this to output
the newline conditionally using something like

<xsl:if test="not(matches(following-sibling::text()[1],
"^[-,:;;]"))"><xsl:text>
</xsl:text></xsl:if>

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay

-----Original Message-----
From: Selvaganesh [mailto:selvaganesh_t(_at_)hovservices(_dot_)in]
Sent: 22 January 2010 07:13
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Insert space after the closing element

Dear Team,

In my xslt developed as to be insert the space before the
opening tag & after the closing tag. But after space do not
insert few condition. (e.g. if found the dot, comma, colon,
semi-colon & mdash after closing tags do not insert the space.)

This is my current XSLT:

<hov:stylesheet xmlns:hov="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
 xpath-default-namespace="http://xml.smg-uk.com/schema/cases/report";
version="2.0">

<hov:import href="Entity/entitynamesmap.xsl"/>
<hov:output method="xml" indent="yes"
use-character-maps="w3c-entity-names"/>

<hov:template match="text()">
<hov:value-of select="normalize-space()"/> </hov:template>

<hov:template match="report">
<hov:element name="report"><hov:apply-templates/></hov:element>
</hov:template>

<hov:template match="para">
<hov:element name="para-text">
<hov:attribute name="indent"><hov:text>1</hov:text></hov:attribute>
<hov:apply-templates/></hov:element>
</hov:template>

<hov:template match="legis-cite"><hov:text>
</hov:text><hov:element
name="citation"><hov:apply-templates/></hov:element><hov:text>
</hov:text></hov:template>
</hov:stylesheet>

This is my current Output: (do not insert the space after the
"Rights arts 8</citation> and 11</citation>" or remove space
before the "dot, comma, colon, semi-colon & mdash" after the
transformed file.

               <para-text indent="1">
                  <citation>European Convention on Human
<citation>11</citation> .
               </para-text>

Actual required:

               <para-text indent="1">
                  <citation>European Convention on Human
<citation>11</citation>.
               </para-text>

This is input:

<para id="89471df0-f798-430f-bfd1-b0dc6e53bfee"><legis-cite>
                            <ancestor-part id="bfd1"/>
                            <ancestor-part id="bfd1a"/>European
                            Convention on Human Rights arts
8</legis-cite>, <legis-cite>
                            <ancestor-part id="bfd2"/>
                            <ancestor-part
id="bfd2a"/>10</legis-cite> and <legis-cite>
                            <ancestor-part id="bfd3"/>
                            <ancestor-part
id="bfd3a"/>11</legis-cite>.</para>

Kindly guide me how can I modify in my XSLT.

Thanks,
Selva

Confidentiality Notice:  This transmittal is a confidential
communication.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal
in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this transmittal is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this communication in error, please notify this
office immediately by reply and immediately delete this
message and all of its attachments, if any.

--~--