xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Order of items in current-group()

2010-02-24 14:35:51
Hope that in the next spec they will not use latin words that
would require 5 years medical education to understand.

I never had a medical education, though I did learn some Latin in school and
in church. It's good training for anyone who wants to be a programmer. But
looking at the text of the spec here, I don't see any difficult words. I'm
actually quite pleased with the term "order of first appearance" as a way of
conveying the ordering of groups intuitively, though the formal definition
of what it means proved tricky.

What I find not justified is the use of the word "population". I also
provided an example of simpler and more understandable wording:

"The order of items in the current-group() is the same as their order
in the sequence, specified in the @select attribute of
<xsl:for-each-group>."

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>