xsl-list

Re: [xsl] stripping leading and trailing blanks of a value?

2010-03-09 12:07:47
This can be done easily even in XSLT 1.0 using the "trim" template of
FXSL (1.x).

For example, when this transformation (testTrim.xsl):

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

  <xsl:import href="trim.xsl"/>

  <!-- to be applied on trim.xml -->

  <xsl:output method="text"/>
  <xsl:template match="/">
    '<xsl:call-template name="trim">
        <xsl:with-param name="pStr" select="string(/*)"/>
    </xsl:call-template>'
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

is applied on this xml document:

<someText>

   This is    some text

</someText>

the following result is produced:

    'This is    some text'

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Ben Stover