xsl-list

RE: [xsl] <xsl:sort> discarting all content

2010-03-10 07:17:27
Yes, I am using XSLT 1.0 with the node-set() function. I'll try to set up a
sample ASAP.

Thanks so far
Markus

-----Original Message-----
From: Abel Braaksma [mailto:abel(_dot_)online(_at_)xs4all(_dot_)nl]
Sent: Mittwoch, 10. März 2010 14:07
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] <xsl:sort> discarting all content

Hi Markus,

When you use XSLT 2.0 and you re-process the temporary result document
(aka micro-pipelining), the change in order of the nodes may change the
applicability of your matching templates. If you use XSLT 1.0 (which I
assume considering you mention the default of Java 6), you may have
done
micro-pipelining using the node-set() extension of your processor, in
which case the same issue may apply.

In the same line of thought: using macro-pipelining or other kinds of
post-processing that depend on the order of the nodes, you can see
similar behavior.

Like MK: to help you further, we'll need a minimal example of input
XML,
XSLT file and (current, wrong) output XML, if any and the version of
the
processor you use, that illustrates your issue.

Kind regards,
Abel Braaksma

Markus Karg wrote:
Dear XSL Professionals,

We have this rather simple XSL snippet which is working perfectly:

<xsl:for-each select="$v">
    <xsl:message><xsl:value-of select="@a"/></xsl:message>
</xsl:for-each>

But when we are adding ANY sorting (independent of the content of
it's select attribute, and even if we do not provide a select attribute
at all) the is no output anymore -- the loop is just not executed
anymore!

<xsl:for-each select="$v">
    <xsl:sort select="@x" />
    <xsl:message><xsl:value-of select="@a"/></xsl:message>
</xsl:for-each>

We have no clue why there is output anymore. What we know is that it
is not related to <xsl:message> as it also happens if we are trying to
output to the normal result stream. Transformer used is the one that is
defaulted in Java 6.

--~--