xsl-list

RE: [xsl] On the fly search and replace using XSLT 2.0

2010-03-15 09:14:15
What is the best way to markup and replace a word on the fly
using XSLT 2.0.

I am considering using a markup e.g. _applicationname_label_,
_applicationname_description_, _slogan_label_ in my
documents, to enforce consistency in naming and descriptions
of products etc.

I would suggest using XML markup instead. Given a decent XML editor, the
chances are that fewer keystrokes will be required than for your proprietary
markup, and errors will be spotted sooner and identified more directly.

But if you prefer to use your own markup, then converting it using
xsl:analyze-string isn't difficult.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/