xsl-list

2010-03-24 06:22:59
-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Michell [mailto:bill(_dot_)michell(_at_)googlemail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 24. März 2010 11:29
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Difference between <when>x</when> and

On 21 Mar 2010, at 13:04, Florent Georges wrote:

Markus Karg wrote:

In fact you might ask yourself why I need it. The reason is:
Actually I had <when>x</when>, but Eclipse (even the latest
one) reformats it by instering breaks when using "Source >
Format"...

 Ouch!  If you want to save time (so money), you'd better use an
XML IDE, like oXygen for instance.

Well, I don't know which particular Eclipse XML editor you are using,
but my IDE has some interesting formatting preferences you can
choose...

Check out Preferences > XML > XML Files > Editor | Formatting |
"Preserve whitespace in tags with PCDATA content"  and similar options.

Editor: I am using "Eclipse Java EE DIE for Web Developers", Build ID
20100218-1602. It contains an XSL editor by default provided by "Eclipse XSL
Developer Tools" v. 1.0.2.v200908271520-7R7T8sFIhIehWg454rq_U1 Build ID
20090616035105.

Preferences: Enabled Preferences > XML > XML Files > Editor "Preserve
whitespace in tags with PCDATA content".

Problem still happens: It seems that it ignores this setting for XSL files,
what is rather weird, as for XSL it would even make sense to have it enabled by
default...

Is that a bug in Eclipse or do I incorrectly use it?

Regards
Markus