xsl-list

RE: [xsl] UTF characters

2010-03-31 07:19:57
I would like to know if there are any built-in ways in XSLT
for the  processor to know about the unicode characters in
input xml. Could you  please help?

All the characters in the input XML are Unicode characters.

You can get the set of distinct characters appearing in the content of
elements (as Unicode codepoint values) using

distinct-values(string-to-unicode(/))

But I don't know if this is what you are asking. It always helps to say what
you are trying to achieve, not how you are trying to go about achieving it.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay