xsl-list

Re: [xsl] writing to a file in xslt

2010-04-07 11:12:54
a kusa wrote:

I have a requirement where I am reading from a file and assigning
values in the XSL style sheet. But when I read the values form this
external file, I have to compare it with what got assigned before this
and if it is the same, I have to increment this new value.

So for example, I have a folder with 5 XML files. When I am processing
the first XML file, I go read the external text file and grab the
first value and assign it to this first XML file.
Now, when processing the second XML file, I again go to grab the next
value from the external file, but this time I have to compare this
value with what was assigned to XML file number 1, and if they are the
same, I have to increment this value by 1 before assigning it to the
second XML file.

So is there any way to write to another file in XSLT? If I can do
that, then maybe I can compare the next value by reading that new
file.

XSLT 2.0 can read from text files with unparsed-text and can create text files with xsl:result-document and the text output method but don't expect to be able in one transformation to read from and write to the same file.

--

        Martin Honnen
        http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/