xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Create Table

2010-04-08 18:26:21
bernie bonn wrote:

I know, my first stab at XSLT and this is the file I get.  Thanks so
much for spending some time helping me out.  I will try to digets
this solution today.  I did notice that yu reformatted the XML file
so that the nodes are in order of @lineId, which is not the case in
the source, is tis accounted for in some way that I have missed.

I believe the order of lineIds is sufficiently muddled in my example.

Also, as far as the column, since the table is quite wide already I
thought adding a row (with one wide cell) beneath the heading would
work, with a "Details" button or something to hide / unhide.  This is
how the users are used to seeing it now.  I could send you a
screenshot if you'd like.    Anyway, thats for another day.  I am
going to dive into your solution.

Don't break the semantics of your output by making this a row; that
doesn't correlate with the headings or anything else.  Imagine if
someone wants to use your output as an XSLT input file someday, and
don't inflict this upon them!

Stick with a machine-readable table.  If that doesn't appear the way
you want it to appear on-screen, well, that's what CSS is for.  Leave
some space between rows, then use position:absolute on the last <td> to
move it into that space, and stretch it to the entire width.

-Eric