xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Simple list numbering problem with rule based stylesheet approach

2010-04-22 13:06:30
Thanks for the help, Michael,

I just wanted to make sure that I'm not abusing or "hacking" the system.

I'm happy now ;-) (also re-read chapter 2 of your book just to
understand the basics better.)

Have a good evening,
Jacobus

Yes.

There are two ways of calculating the position: <xsl:number/> gives you the
number by counting siblings in the source tree, position() gets it by
counting nodes in the sequence selected by the calling xsl:apply-templates.
In your case, both give the same answer. The position() call is probably
more efficient, but it does create a hidden dependency between the two
template rules, which you may not like.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/