xsl-list

Re: [xsl] FO: next to last page

2010-05-06 14:12:26
Hi All,

This is possible and I believe this is a requirement for MIL-STD-40051. We use
Apache FOP 0.95 and have this working using condition page sequences and
markers.

If you would like a sample FO, email me directly. Happy to help.

Regards,

Phil

On May 6, 2010, at 2:30 PM, Don Smith wrote:

Thanks Ken. I suspected as much but wanted to confirm.

Don

--- On Thu, 5/6/10, G. Ken Holman <gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com>
wrote:

From: G. Ken Holman <gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com>
Subject: Re: [xsl] FO: next to last page
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Date: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 10:00 AM
At 2010-05-06 07:44 -0700, Don Smith
wrote:
I've got a requirement to end chapters on even pages
and, if that last page turns out to be blank, reference it
on the next to last page. Assuming that I have 5 pages of
content and output a blank page for page 6, then on page 5 I
need this in a static content region:

Page: 5 / 6 blank

I've got everything working in terms of reference,
etc. My problem is isolating only the next to last page. I
can't see any way to do that. Right now I'm getting the
reference on all my odd pages; I only want it if it's next
to last.

Am I missing the way to accomplish this or is it
impossible?

It is not possible in the way you express the
requirement.  One cannot do arithmetic with page
numbers

When my customers have come to me with this, the way I've
convinced them to go is to use:

Page: 5 / next blank

I hope this helps.

--
Principles of XSLT for XQuery Writers: San Francisco,CA
2010-05-03

--~--

--~--