xsl-list

Re: [xsl] character map "range" in XSLT

2010-05-12 14:06:05

On May 12, 2010, at 2:56 PM, David wrote:

Thanks, but I dont see anything in the man page for iconv thats me specify a range of invalid and a substitution string for them.

The invalid range is determined by the destination encoding. Use: '-t US-ASCII'

       --unicode-subst=formatstring
When this option is given, Unicode characters that cannot be represented in the target encoding are replaced with a place- holder string that is constructed from the given formatstring, applied to the Unicode code point. The formatstring must be a format string in the same format as for the printf command or the printf() function, taking either no argument or exactly one
              unsigned integer argument.

Use that option: --unicode-subst='<UNKNOWN_CHARACTER>' to set the replacement string.
( assuming unicode input )

-- Steve Majewski