xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Passing xs:string containing zero characters

2010-05-19 03:22:40
On 19/05/2010 02:01, Toshihiko Makita wrote:
Hi!

I'm new to XSLT 2.0 and using it with Saxon 9.1 in DITA-Open Toolkit.
I wrote following variable and pass it as a parameter as $prmLang to the
template.

<xsl:variable name="lang" as="xs:string" select="string(@xml:lang)"/>

<xsl:apply-templates select="child::*[contains(@class, '
topic/related-links ')]">
<xsl:with-param name="prmLang" as ="xs:string" select="$lang"/>
</xsl:aplly-templates>

<xsl:template match="*[contains(@class, ' topic/related-links ')]">
<xsl:param name="prmLang" as="xs:string" required="yes"/>
</xsl:template>

Then the following error is occured when $lang is empty string.

"[xslt] D:\DITA-OT1.5-FB\demo\xxx\xsl\xxx_dita2fo_relatedlinks.xsl:34:
Fatal Error! No value supplied for required parameter"

Is it a right behavior? I thought that xs:string can contain any
sequence of zero or more characters.

(If I rewrite the template code required="yes" to select="''", then it
works fine.)

the error message is not sayinbg that an empty string was passed in, it is sayinbg that no value at all is supplied. that is not normally an error but you have made it so by saying required="yes". the _only_ thing that does is generate an error if the parameter is not passed.

Presumably at some point you apply templates without having a suitable xsl:with-param.

David