xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Two recommendations: (1) Call it XSLT "program" (not XSLT "stylesheet"), (2) stop treating XSLT as an acronym

2010-05-25 14:05:05
Costello, Roger L. wrote:

XSLT is a programming language. It is used to create programs.
Personally, I never use XSLT to perform styling.

I always thought different about this.  Do you open and read alot of
XML files in a text editor?  Probably not.  You probably prefer to
read a pdf, html page, text file, TeX file, etc....

That IS a style.  Just as CSS makes things big bold and red or small
and green IS a style.  Even text scraping is a style ... you didn't
like it in HTML on Yahoo, you prefered it in XML on your PC.  You
changed the STYLE.

<comic-book-guy>I am quite happy with my stylesheet, thank you.</comic-book-guy>

--
Rodman