xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Transform some attributes into HTML span elements with delimiters (specific format)

2010-05-27 17:12:54
Mukul Gandhi wrote:

  Hi,

I think, I would have done this as following:

<xsl:template match="InspectionReportInput">
/></span> <span id="lastName"><xsl:value-of select="@lastName"
/><xs:text>, </xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="@city" />
</xsl:template>

  I am always surprised to see that many people try very hard to
be "more concise", even when that ends up less readable.  Why not
simply that?:

    <!--
        Format an inspection report element by using the
        appropriate SPAN elements and text separators.
    -->
    <xsl:template match="InspectionReportInput">
          <xsl:value-of select="@firstName"/>
       <xsl:text> </xsl:text>
          <xsl:value-of select="@lastName"/>
       <xs:text>, </xsl:text>