xsl-list

Re: [xsl] distinguish whether variable holds string or node set

2010-06-14 01:21:03
Yes, but I'd still rather stick to the standard.

2010/6/14 ac <ac(_at_)hyperbase(_dot_)com>:
You probably mean "browser limitations" as the standard is xslt2.  Of
course, in the end, it may be the same difference ...

Well, then I'd rather stick to the "adopted standard".  (Why is XSLT 2
so badly supported?)  I've only very basic experience with XSLT 1, but
my non-expert impression so far is that implementations are pretty
consistent, as opposed to e.g. ECMAScript (to call it by the
"standard" name) where you can hit surprises all the time.  I wonder
whether the relatively limited scope of XSLT/XPath 1 is an advantage
in this regard.  But then I might just not yet have gone into the
depth that reveals the problems.

Thomas W.