xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to transform multiple XML docs with XSLT 2.0 into single doc

2010-06-22 13:39:00
Hi,
I have this...
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.1" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
xmlns:exslt="http://exslt.org/common";>

  <xsl:variable name="data">
    <root>
      <test>1000</test>
      <test>2000</test>
      <test>3000</test>
     </root>
   </xsl:variable>

   <xsl:template match="/">
     <xsl:for-each select="$data/root/test">
        <xsl:for-each select="."/>
     </xsl:for-each>
   </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

And I thought that with XSLT 1.1  the $data variable would be treated as a
node-set and that therefore standard XSLT stuff - like for-each - should work.
I don't get an error, but I get no output - it's as though the $data nodeset is
completely empty.
I've also tried this
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
xmlns:exslt="http://exslt.org/common";>

      <xsl:variable name="data">
        <root>
          <test>1000</test>
          <test>2000</test>
          <test>3000</test>
         </root>
       </xsl:variable>

       <xsl:template match="/">
         <xsl:for-each select="exslt:node-set($data)/root/test">
            <xsl:for-each select="."/>
         </xsl:for-each>
       </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

With the same results. (Infact, I've done this before with no problems) I'm
using Saxon.
What am I missing? (I'm not in a position to use XSLT 2.0 by the way)
Thanks