xsl-list

[xsl] Re: debugging document() call

2010-07-02 22:38:03
Hi everybody,

Just FYI, the problem was not with Saxon, nor with Cocoon.
It was not a problem with a relative URI being resolved relative to an
unexpected base URI.

The problem was that document() was being called with an empty string as
the argument (with the result that the stylesheet was pulling in itself
instead of the href'd document).
This behavior was due to a bug in the oldish implementation of
Schematron that I was using, that affected the processing of the
<iso:include> element when its href attribute had no '#' in it.
The latest version of this implementation does not have this bug.

I'm kicking myself for not having grabbed the latest version... although
you never know... I thought the version we had been using was stable.

Thanks to those of you who took time to help me troubleshoot this. I
learned some things about troubleshooting Cocoon and Saxon in the process.

Lars