xsl-list

Re: [xsl] generic grouping without nesting for-each-group?

2010-07-28 09:48:09
On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 15:29, Martin Honnen
<Martin(_dot_)Honnen(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de> wrote:
It has become rather complicated with two functions due to the requirement
to add missing levels.

It hadn't actually occurred to me to do the recursion in a function
rather than a named template. Fun!

Your latest suggestion to first normalize the input by adding missing levels
and then to group in a second pass might indeed be an approach leading to
shorter and less complicated code.

So far not thought of a better suggestion... though I have a natural
suspicion of adding in phantom structure in any case.

-James