xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Change Months from English to French [XSLT 1.0]

2010-07-31 13:23:03
Automatic translation, perhaps: "he may" => il peut?

Ha! Absolutely, automatic translation caught with its pants down. :-)

(And, interestingly, although I claim not to know a word of French,
if push comes to shove, I'm pretty sure "May" is "mai".)

Amazingly, though, if you Google for "French month name peut" the
first result is an XSLT question (which doesn't mention "peut";
though you don't get the hit if you omit it from the query...).

Hmm ... I don't get a hit that is an XSLT question for that query. If
I include "XSLT" in the search terms, I do: an archive on the
stylusstudio.com site of a post by Dimitre Novatchev dated
2001-01-04. And I note that the post includes your name, too,
Michael.

But since this is no longer directly XSL-related, I suggest anyone
interested in following this take it off-list. (Or bring it up in
Montreal, if you'll be there -- I expect to depart in < 24 hrs.)