xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Xpath question with processing-instruction()

2010-08-19 13:33:13
Thanks Dimitre!

This worked but I needed to modify slightly to be working with the parent of
the current text() node:

../preceding-sibling::node()  [1]  [self::processing-instruction('ModuleStart')]

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Dimitre Novatchev [mailto:dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 1:00 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Xpath question with processing-instruction()

I am current to the text() node of <title/>

I need to test to see if my parent has an immediate preceding sibling of
processing-instruction named "ModuleStart"

preceding-sibling::node()  [1]  [self::processing-instruction('ModuleStart')]

This assumes that you have specified:

 <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Ylvisaker, Steve
I am current to the text() node of <title/>

I need to test to see if my parent has an immediate preceding sibling of
processing-instruction named "ModuleStart"

If so I need to know the content of that PI.

I need to be sure that the test will NOT be true if I am current with the
text() node of <para/>

Thanks in advance for your help
Steve

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE]

Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Medtronic and is
intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed,
and may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
delete this mail from your records.

To view this notice in other languages you can either select the following
link or manually copy and paste the link into the address bar of a web
browser: http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com

--~--

--~--