xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Saxon .Net API performance

2010-09-01 01:55:38

I'm trying to show the performance difference we could achieve by moving to
Saxon .Net API from Microsoft's XSLT 1.0 processor. Does anyone have any tips
how I can get the best performance from the Saxon .Net API?

..

This is a confidential email. Tesco may monitor and record all emails. The
views expressed in this email are those of the sender and not Tesco.

Tesco Stores Limited

I spent a few weeks at Tesco and the XSLT 1.0 stylesheets were pretty
large and complex... the biggest benefit would simply be upgrading to
XSLT 2.0.

So perhaps rather than saying "I can get a nn% performance
improvement" you could say "all of this complexity goes away" -
complexity both in the stylesheets themselves and steps in the
processing pipeline that would no longer be needed.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com