xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XPath 1.0 Question: Can two sibling nodes each select their parent node to yield two nodes?

2010-09-22 21:07:45
Costello, Roger L. wrote:
What XPath 1.0 expression will produce the desired result?

I really don’t understand how your brain works.  How can you select from
among 1 node and expect to receive 2 nodes?

XPath 2.0, as other posters have noted, allows you to construct a new
node-set, which may involve multiple copies of what was a single node in
the source tree.

But to expect a node selection language like XPath 1.0 to select what
isn’t there...  As a now very old BITNET mailing list’s motto used to
say, “Do you often think there are two when there is only one?”

~Chris
“I like being free, and that makes me an idiot, I suppose.”
  — Stan Rogers, “The Idiot”
GnuPG Fingerprint: C6E4 E2A9 C9F8 71AC 9724 CAA3 19F8 6677 0077 C319