xsl-list

[xsl] xsl-fo: keep-with-next "always" not working sometimes

2010-09-24 11:10:40
 Hello,

the xsl-fo I am working on will be converted into a PDF with XEP/RenderX.

I have the following exemplary tagging:
<fo:block keep-together="always" keep-with-next="always">2.</fo:block>
<fo:block widows="5" orphans="5" hyphenate="false">
    Kein Lebenslaut stört die Natur<fo:block/>
    In ihrem herbstlich stillen Leide;<fo:block/>
    Es scheint die Sonne lässig nur<fo:block/>
    Hernieder auf die braune Haide.<fo:block/>
    Da ist kein Baum, umwebt von Moos,<fo:block/>
    Aus dessen Zweigen Vögel sängen,<fo:block/>
    Da ist kein Fels, aus dessen Schoß<fo:block/>
    Krystallne Quellen lustig sprängen!<fo:block/>
</fo:block>

With the givven page settings, the first line of the 2nd block ("Kein Lebenslaut stört die Natur") would appear alone on the bottom of the page. Because of the settings for widows and orphans that first line is rendered on a new page. And thus the content of the 1st block ("2.") is rendered alone as the last text on the actual page.

In my understanding the keep-with-next "always" should the cause the 1st and 2nd block to always appear on the same page. But apparently that is not the case. Is there any way to achieve what I want?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Christian Kirchhoff
*Editura GmbH & Co. KG*
Tempelhofer Damm 2 · 12101 Berlin
www.editura.de
AG Berlin-Charlottenburg · HRA 43189 B · USt.Id. DE217180548
Geschäftsführer: Ralf Szymanski