xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Why is the variable and regex slow in saxon and fast in regex Buddy?

2010-09-27 14:54:36
I don't know - they are both, I think, using the Java regular expression engine underneath. It may be a function of how you are measuring it. It could be that the cost is dominated not by the cost of evaluating the regex, but by the cost of checking that it conforms to the XPath rules. Did you run a Java profile to determine where the time is being spent?

Michael Kay
Saxonica