xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Need StringBuffer equivalent in xslt

2010-09-29 07:26:20
Team,

This is what i need:

I have 10 fields for which I have to check the length and if length is >
required length, I have to trucate those fields.
In that process, I have to maintain a field containing list of all fields that
got truncated with original values to report back to
calling program.

I used to have a StringBuffer in java during each condition to append all
fields that got truncated with original values. I need the similar
functionality.

Thank you.

--- On Wed, 9/29/10, David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

From: David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
Subject: Re: [xsl] Need StringBuffer equivalent in xslt
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Cc: "sudheshna iyer" <sudheshnaiyer(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com>
Date: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 6:09 AM
On 29/09/2010 10:51, sudheshna iyer
wrote:
Can you provide me with example.

If you said what you were trying to do, someone would be
able to tell you how to do it in XSLT.  As you
commented, variables in XSLT, as in most other declarative
languages,  may not be changed once bound, however the
expressive power of languages with and without mutable
variables is the same.

David

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered
in England
and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered
office is:
Wilkinson House, Jordan Hill Road, Oxford OX2 8DR, United
Kingdom.

service is