xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Mapping from two sources

2010-10-02 12:07:41
On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 4:29 PM, sudheshna iyer
<sudheshnaiyer(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:
does xsl:for-each-group acts like inner join?

Well I think, for-each-group cannot be treated as inner join (which is
a relational algebra abstraction, as Mike also says) -- we are not
joining any two sets with for-each-group. The input to for-each-group
is just a sequence, with definition of grouping key (for e.g, the
value of group-by attribute).

I would imagine for-each-group as a kind of mapping function,
something similar to for-each but with a kind of layer of grouping on
top of that.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi