xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Create an end element - possible?

2010-10-04 02:28:58
It's a terminology problem I think.
yes, you're right

An element is an abstract idea. In the XML document, there is
 a start tag
 content
 an end tag
and those make up an element.
So, you are trying to generate separate start and tags, not elements.
thanks for the explaination and yes, you're right. I want to generate separate
start and end tags

But, that is not how XSLT works - it generates elements.
You have two main choices here...
(1) write templates that will match the input where there is a common
ancestor of the <w:p> and </w:p> tags, so that you can generate a
complete element... or...
(2) use xsl:text with disable-output-escaping=yes and generate the
tags directly (this is fighting XSLT).
as written - i use Option 2 now and it works

fighting XSLT
I want to use XSLT options and functions, but if the base is not a "real" XML,
than i have to use "workarounds" to realize the project.
Sometimes a "workaround" is the only way to do it.
See a sample of the "XML" - which have the HTML info in the content.
In XSLT 1.0 I'm limited - if i have 2.0 it is much easier because i can
transfer the content in new xml structures.

Enclose find a sample of the DATA content
<COL>
<DATA>&lt;SPAN STYLE= &quot;font-weight: bold;text-align: center;&quot;
&gt;VEREINBARUNG (VERTRAG)&lt;/SPAN&gt;&lt;SPAN STYLE= &quot;text-align:
center;&quot; &gt;</DATA>
</COL>

Thanks for your input

armin