xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Collect all the truncated fields in an array

2010-10-05 19:29:56
David, thanks for the response.

So how do I define "$strings sequence" in my example. Also each of the values
in
$strings is of different length.

====

So here you want to output two things, a list of strings all truncated  to at
most $n, and a list of strings that were longer than $n, so if  $strings is
your
sequence of strings and $n is the limit on length

result: <xsl:value-of select="for $s in $strings return substring($s,1,$n)"/>
these were truncated: <xsl:value-of select="$strings[string-length(.) gt $n]"/>

====
INPUT:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<InputXml>
    <InputXmlValue1>12</InputXmlValue1>
    <InputXmlValue2>345</InputXmlValue2>
    <InputXmlValue3>678</InputXmlValue3>
</InputXml>

OUTPUT:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<OutputXml>
    <outputTempVar1>1</outputTempVar1>  ==> Truncated. "12" got truncated to "1"
    <outputVar1>34</outputVar1>    ==> Truncated. "345" got truncated to "34"
    <outputVar2>678</outputVar2>
</OutputXml>