xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XPath 2.0 regex limitations

2010-10-20 11:12:36
On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 12:16 -0300, Max Toro wrote:
Why doesn't XPath 2.0 support word boundaries (\b \B) ?

3.0 may - I think there was a comment filed about it on
bugzilla.  The expressions came from Schema originally, and
I think they rejected \b on the grounds that a document must
be valid or not-valid in the same way in all locales. However,
at least some regexp libraries (including Perl) define \b in
terms of Unicode properties when working with Unicode text.

I'd also like zero-width look-ahead and look-behind assertions,
again things that don't make as much sense in Schema... and the
ability to associate matched groups with variables... and and and...
but analyze-string and tokenize do go a long way.

Liam