xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Conditional xslt inclusions

2010-10-27 02:34:18
xsl:include is a compile-time facility, it is done long before your stylesheet gets anywhere near a source document, so you can't make it conditional on the document content.

What you appear to need is a processing pipeline (implemented say using XProc, but there are many other possible vehicles) that looks at the document and decides which of 6 stylesheets to apply based on its content.

You could put all the logic into one stylesheet (e.g. using multiple modes) and then despatch at run-time based on the document content, but I think that would make your application less maintainable.

Michael Kay
Saxonica