xsl-list

Re: [xsl] linefeed in a variable data table

2010-11-30 12:19:54
David,

It's hard to diagnose your problem given the information you provide, especially since the behavior you say you want is what should ordinarily happen by default in a conformant FO processor.

I'd start by stripping the FO code down to the bare minimum and building it back up again step by step.

In particular, I don't like the look of the fo:block-container element in the code you show. It doesn't appear to do anything useful (you could set the font size on the block inside it or on the table-cell as a whole), while it could be messing things up ... for example, in just the way you describe.

Another thing to look into is the effect of setting the height on the table-row explicitly, and whether this is necessary. It seems odd to set the height if you want the row to adjust itself. Ordinarily I wouldn't expect this to result in what you are getting. But the idea is to reduce the number of unknowns as much as possible, ideally to zero.

Good luck,
Wendell