xsl-list

Re: [xsl] xsltproc [Error Log]

2010-12-27 01:53:20
Pankaj,

I want to dump the errors in log file in "xsltproc".
Errors are sent to standard error output stream.
You may redirict it (under Linux or cygwin) as shown below.
This is not XSLT specific.

$ cat mismatched-tag.xsl
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

  <xsl:output omit-xml-declaration="yes" />

  <xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>
$
$ xsltproc mismatched-tag.xsl 2>err
$
$ cat err
mismatched-tag.xsl:9: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch:
template line 7 and stylesheet
</xsl:stylesheet>
                 ^
mismatched-tag.xsl:10: parser error : Premature end of data in tag template
line 6

^
mismatched-tag.xsl:10: parser error : Premature end of data in tag
stylesheet line 1

^
cannot parse mismatched-tag.xsl
$

Mit besten Gruessen / Best wishes,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt
Developer, XML Compiler, L3
Fixpack team lead
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen