xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Avoiding boneheaded mistakes in XSLT?

2010-12-29 01:50:05
On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 23:13:01 +0000
Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:

I think the main reason for the problem is that an XSLT/XPath program
makes many references to names (of elements and attributes) which do
not have to be declared, so that using an incorrect name is not an
error (either static or dynamic), but rather results in an XPath
expression that simply selects nothing.

I guess no one would do that deliberately?
Yet the rec and implementations don't provide any error | warning
about it?

A good defence against this is to write schema-aware stylesheets. I
fully admit that this involves a lot of up-front effort which can be
hard to justify.

Yep.

--

regards