xsl-list

Re: [xsl] collections

2011-01-19 04:19:34
On 19/01/2011 10:05, Szabo, Patrick (LNG-VIE) wrote:
Hi,

I'm using XSLT 2.0.
I'm storing a couple of file in a collection by doing that:

<xsl:variable name="collection"
select="collection(../Journals/ARD/final/2011/?select=ARD_2011_6106_*.xm
l)"/>

Now I've got 2 questions.

1.
Am I using collection() correctly ?!

No, collection is an cpath function so the argument you have it ../Journals/ARD/final/2011 would be interpreted as a relative xpath selecting elements from teh current document (then ? is a syntax error) collection like doc and document take th eURI as a string so you need quotes around it.

I want to select all files which's filenames start with ARD_2011_6106_.

The syntax supported depends on the processor, but what you have looks about right fro saxon
2.
I want to output the file-names of those files that are stored in the
collection - how do I do that ?!

<xsl:value-of select="$collection/base-uri(.)"/>

possibly applying some string functions to remove the bit up to
Journals/ARD/final/2011

Thanks in advance !
Kind regards

david