xsl-list

Re: [xsl] xsl:use-attribute-sets, xslt 1.0, fo output

2011-01-19 07:26:07
On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 08:18:54 -0500
"G. Ken Holman" <gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com> wrote:

Well, you don't have to read an external file of attribute sets, you
can just use document('') to read the stylesheet fragment itself and
find its attribute sets.

But I was suggesting abandoning the attribute sets and simply
rewriting them as called templates.

Yes, the nested references will be awkward, but only because you
state you are using XSLT 1 thus requiring the typical recursive
call.  Much easier in XSLT 2.

Stuck with xsl1 1.0 here.

My objective was to keep all attribute sets / fo styling, together in
one file, hence the external file.

Makes for cleaner ... data, if not code.

Seems to be working out OK.

--

regards

--